c.i.

Police Brutality

fuck Christopher Dorner but it sucks that ultimately what the U.S. took from that was "crazy man goes crazy" rather than what he was upset about in the first place

People will be seeking justice for the wrongs that have been committed since the shooting and likely won't even get the ear of a judge. So then what? How can the community ever trust their police force again?

yeah I mean literally everything is fucked there

It's irredeemable

k0hZgQB.png

this is quite literally true. The onion is so genius that it's not even satire, the phenomenon explained is literally true, ok so the name is made up but there are literally people like this out there that would utter these same words the only satire is that the very true details they insert between would never be captured by a "true" news story so in a way it is more real than a "real" news source

but ive always thought just the desire to be a cop makes someone a little off

its almost like a different type of catch-22 :wacko:

I've heard that these allegations that he shoplifted or committed a robbery are 100% after the fact bs.

It's almost irrelevant anyway.

That Onion article is one of my favs.

I mean sure there are good cops I've met. The problem isn't that all cops are horrible, it's that if even one cop is a bad egg that cop has a LOT more ways to fuck people over than a non-cop. Basically they need to have some kinda way to tell which people can handle that kind of insane authority without being the same bully they were in high school just with an extra massive power trip.

well theres supposedly video of the robbery (all i saw was some screenshots though. seemed like similar clothing but idk) so its not out of the question that he did doi it

also read that that the lawyer of  kid who was with him when he was shot has admitted that they did it but that could be bull

none of this in any way excuse shooting the kid dead of course but yeah

and if the asshole shooter cop didnt even fucking know about the robbery that whole narrative crumbles

unless youre a racist

I mean sure there are good cops I've met. The problem isn't that all cops are horrible, it's that if even one cop is a bad egg that cop has a LOT more ways to fuck people over than a non-cop. Basically they need to have some kinda way to tell which people can handle that kind of insane authority without being the same bully they were in high school just with an extra massive power trip.

Plus the fact that when you are incorporated into an inherently corrupt system, your own personal goodness can only do so much. And when your direct actions are divorced from their eventual outcomes, it's easy for 'good' people to do bad things without necessarily feeling responsible. That's how bureaucracy works.

ocean likes this

A single cop who's a 'good person' can still be responsible for pushing through the paperwork, locking up the cell, etc etc, even if they didn't make the actual decision to arrest, harass, assault, w/e.

but the fact of the matter is that there is clear lack of oversight, training and accountability with cops nowadays.

the fact that the police have responded to their own negligence with such barbaric, brutal and strategically petty tactics shows major systematic problems within every facet of how the police operate.

This tbh

In Great Britain (not Northern Ireland) the police on the street don't carry guns, therefore they don't shoot people.  You still occasionally have armed special forces coming in and killing innocent people, of course.  But it's comparatively rare.

Of course I'm not suggesting this should be implemented in the United States, where quite a few civilians carry guns as well.

tumblr_naculuVcIN1qcrptyo1_1280.jpg

This is the incident report that the Ferguson police just produce. Now if you don’t know, this morning they FINALLY named the killer of Michael Brown as Darren Wilson. Along with naming Darren as the killer, the Ferguson police are now trying to link Michael Brown with a robbery that happened supposedly MOMENTS before. 

Michael was killed at 12:01 and this robbery was at 11:54. 

There are so many questions.

1. We’ve seen the surveillance photos they’ve produced that shows someone who looks like Michael being aggressive with a store owner over an apparent box of swishers. (If you don’t know, Swishers are cigar papers you can pick up for like…2 for .50.
  2. They are saying that Officer Darren Wilson was responding to that robbery.
  3. They are calling it an STRONG ARMED ROBBERY
  4.  A strong armed robbery is using, involving, or threatening the use of physical force or violence to gain an objective:
  5. Okay, got that bullshit out of the way
  6. The dispatch tapes that were released mention NOTHING ABOUT A ROBBERY.
  7. NOT ONE WORD
  8. THE ONLY THING MENTIONED WAS A SHOOTING AND REQUEST FOR CROWD CONTROL.
  9. THAT’S IT
  10. So how did Officer Wilson FIND OUT about the robbery? 
  11. They’ve now listed Dorian Johnson (THE ONLY OTHER EYEWITNESS WHO WAS THERE) as the second accomplice to the robbery. 
  12. The same Dorian Johnson who has been trying (in vain) to talk with the Ferguson Police Department about Michael’s Death since LAST SATURDAY.
  13. So this man who is this SECOND SUSPECT IN A ROBBERY CASE IS PLEADING WITH YOU AND IS ALL OVER NATIONAL NEWS AND YOU ARE REFUSING TO SEE HIM. BUT HE’S A SUSPECT IN A ROBBERY. OKAY
  14. When Officer Wilson sees both Michael and Dorian his initial reaction was "GET THE FUCK ON THE SIDEWALK."
  15. Not any kind of reaction dealing with them being robbery suspects. 
  16. From some of the pictures (I’m not going to post them due to the family’s wishes) if you compare the footage from the store and the footage from Michael’s death, he’s swapped from Nike sandals to Sneakers. This red hat cannot be found (this is speculation).
  17. If the reason Office Wilson approached them was because they were suspects in an robbery WHY DIDN’T HE CALL IT IN? WHY DIDN’T HE FOLLOW PROCEDURE? WHY WOULD HE ROLL UP ON ROBBERY SUSPECTS IN HIS VEHICLE? WHY DID IT TAKE 6 DAYS FOR THIS TO BE ANNOUNCED?

“The initial contact between Darren Wilson and Mike Brown was not related to the alleged theft of cigars.”

-- Ferguson police chief at press conference earlier today

Interviewer: “Why did the officer stop Michael Brown?”

Police Chief: “Because he was walking in the street. That was it.”

Interviewer: “Why did the officer stop Michael Brown?”

Police Chief: “Because he was walking in the street. That was it.”

yeah I mean that is what it sounded like from the initial reports

obviously if a pedestrian refuses to comply with an officer's order to get on the sidewalk that gives the officer due cause to kill them

thats npt that much of a stretch tbh

i used to walk about 1.75 miles to work and i usually did it in about 20 minutes

if you figure they would have almost certainly run from the robbery scene, 3/4 mile in 6 minuts isnt that farfetched

but this robbery angle is bullshit cuz it distracts fro the central idea here which is that shooting an unarmed suspect of a petty crime (albeit not exactly the case here since the shooter didnt kn0w) seven times is not acceptable by any means

kirembri likes this

idk about that but i cant imagine just walking around barefoot

thats just deviant behavior in my book

i get antsy if i even wheel the trash can out to the curb without shoes

today i wore shoes without socks to work and the whole day i was like oh god everybody knows

He seemed very concerned for our feet's welfare.

when my friend had mono his mom told us to make sure he wears shoes cuz apparently you get mono from going barefoot?:huh:

Is that true? I don't understand how it could be, but lack the knowledge about mono transmission enough to scoff at it cause maybe its true. Sounds nutty tho.

A cop once made me dump out all 11 remaining beers from my case of beer, as well as the open one in my hand, because one foot was on the sidewalk while the other was on my friends lawn. If both feet had been on his lawn, I'd have been fine but one foot barely on the sidewalk meant I had open liquor on public property. He was driving by and obviously insanely bored. Technically legitimate, I understand that, but gimme a break...

Just complaining. Again. :lol:

A cop once made me dump out all 11 remaining beers from my case of beer, as well as the open one in my hand, because one foot was on the sidewalk while the other was on my friends lawn. If both feet had been on his lawn, I'd have been fine but one foot barely on the sidewalk meant I had open liquor on public property. He was driving by and obviously insanely bored. Technically legitimate, I understand that, but gimme a break...

I would've clocked him.