mylo

Generic P4K Grievances Thread

They routinely make end-of-year lists when the year is not over... Β I just don't think they like publishing any lists after the first couple weeks of January and before July; just look at when they publish lists. Β It's not just the way Pitchfork does it either; it seems like that period is just not a profitable time to publish lists instead of reviews.

It seems that advertising-pitch-fork are aware their lists are closer to satire than anything else based on how they did the write up.Β  In essence I would imagine all larger scale music zines are waiting for something genuinely new and more expansive to come from somewhere to accompany them so they do not have to just do it themselves again and again.Β  Think about it, if one or two of the larger music zine sites closed down, then at that point something would be created to replace them and it would most certainly be better in several ways.Β  It is only that the sites remain that something new doesn't feel like it can gain and keep whatever momentum and cohesion it would seek.Β  I suppose all it would take is some type of playful yet succinct petition asking pitchfork to put out an article series about how music fans should create a newer music site/sites to exist alongside the ancient somewhat stagnant ones.Β  It would not lose them any audience and the old sites could interact with the new ones.Β  ^_^ : )

Theremin thinks GKMC is shit.....

Β 

:cray2:

Eh... I never said that.

Β 

From the 5 listed by Hoogie Boogie land I can understand MBDTF and GKMC. Yeezus kinda pales in comparison to MBDTF (and I see it falling outside the top 5 just because the other Kanye album will be #1), listening to To Be Kind is a bit of a chore and I probably like Bon Iver a lot more than the average AtEase-member but it's not exactly one of the best albums of the last 5 years.

Β 

I'd predict:

Β 

1. MBDTF

2. Bon Iver

3. GKMC

4. Modern Vampires

5. Channel Orange

All albums that are mediocre or just plain bad and never should deserve any mention on a half-decade list.

I mean, I'm even a big SKM, MBV or Godspeed fan but the thought that Benji, M B V or Allelujah is one of the best albums of the last 5 years, Jesus Christ. And then I'm not even talking about Blake or Grlizzly Bear who are completely devoid of any talent in the first place.

agree about everything except m b v, which was really fucking good and to me on a par with loveless even
Moon likes this

Β 

All albums that are mediocre or just plain bad and never should deserve any mention on a half-decade list.

I mean, I'm even a big SKM, MBV or Godspeed fan but the thought that Benji, M B V or Allelujah is one of the best albums of the last 5 years, Jesus Christ. And then I'm not even talking about Blake or Grlizzly Bear who are completely devoid of any talent in the first place.

agree about everything except m b v, which was really fucking good and to me on a par with loveless even

Β 

Β 

I also really loved mbv. Don't really know what people expected from it tbh.

Β 

I don't think I was expecting anything from it at all and it ended up being one of my favorites of last year.

I also really loved mbv. Don't really know what people expected from it tbh.

I don't think I was expecting anything from it at all and it ended up being one of my favorites of last year.yeah exactly! Was like well I'll give this a shot and the first time I listened too quiet and didn't really like it but there were a few parts that stuck with me and I tried it louder on better speakers and really fell in love

"Some amazing stuff sprinkled in with some TERRIBLE stuff."

Β 

Ended up being the whole list

Β 

They didn't even pick the right Grimes song

Β 

Genesis>Oblivion imo

Β 

Also, not completely down on radio pop but I can't get into like 90% of it.

so, street halo is supposed to be the best burial song of the decade, eh?

also, :lol: at #1

Β 

Great song and all but Stolen Dog and p much anything on Rival Dealer is better imo