mylo

Generic P4K Grievances Thread

man.. That Pitchfork best half-decade tracks debacle is so awful. What is the goddam point??? Who has time to read through all 200 tracks?? Why are they so adamant that Kanye and Drake are so goddam important to these readers?? "Who doesn’t want a little scumbag in their savior?"  WTF. All of it is embarrassing. Endlessly quotably bad.

Roger Sterling likes this

Future generations, if they haven’t already, will one day look back on Miley Cyrus with a fundamental inability to understand why this person was such a source of controversy in our time. There will be a disconnect between their world and ours, and whatever that world is, Miley Cyrus is already living in it.

:spongebob:

If Edgar Allen Poe were alive and drinking in the summer of 2010, he very well may have fucked with “Teenage Dream”. That’s right: The man who noted that “all that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream” 165 years ago might have found some metaphysical solace in this song sung by a 25-year-old California girl dreaming about a 15-year-old’s dream about what it means to get deliriously rearranged by love. The possibilities of the subconscious, it turns out, are about as lasting as a perfect pop song.

oh my 

Well they certainly didn't even choose the best song from that album.

But then again that applies to nearly every song in the top 20. 

I just noticed Midnght City is #4 :lol:

Midnight City is one of the few songs in the top 20 that made some sort of splash on alt radios and is instantly recognizable for this generation of music lovers whitout being a massive hit per se. I personally thought the album it was on was an overlong and bloated mess but that's actually the kind of shit Pitchfork should be voting for.

Grimes at #1 is laughable though, that's just Schreibs ongoing quest trying to get in her panties. And I guess the same can be said about Ariel Pink cause nobody cared about his guy the last 5 years outside P4K headquarters and a few guys on the internet. I get that quality is not the only reason certain songs get picked on a list like this but even from a commercial P4K branding point of view this is truely terrible.

Midnight City has been in numerous adverts from cars to extremist right wing parties. Meanwhile Grimes never received any airplay at all outside the US including stations that are P4Ks target audience and when I listen to her I'm not hearing some obscure outsider artist who'll be picked up 10 years from now but rather a generic synthpop artist who will be completely forgotten at that point.

apology accepted  :kiss:

honestly though it's kind of crazy to me that Grimes at number 1 seems to have caused such an uproar online (not just this forum but a lot of other places) where as I thought it was a pretty safe bet for one they'd pick, but maybe I'm living in my own little bubble where it's a lot bigger than it is.