Mogi67

Soylent: Meal of the future

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_%28drink%29

http://www.soylent.me/#/

19bohev1v1y4wjpg.jpg

Soylent is an open sourced nutritional drink. Its creator, software engineer Rob Rhinehart, researched nutritional requirements and developed the formula by self-experimentation based on his own research online and through textbooks, and scientific journals.[1][2]

A commercial version of Soylent has been financed by a crowdfunding campaign and venture capital which raised funds in excess of US$3,500,000.[3] The funding paid for additional research and modification of the formula. The first shipments of U.S. orders began in the first week of May 2014.[4]

In September 2013, Rhinehart said he would like to get Soylent down to a cost of US$5 per day.[9] As of April 2013, Rhinehart stated he was spending US$154.62 per month on Soylent, yielding a diet of 11,000 kilojoules (2,600 kcal) per day[10] while a medical food such as Jevity would cost US$456 per month to get 8,400 kilojoules (2,000 kcal).[7] For comparison, a family of four in the United States can purchase food for approximately US$584 per month (avoiding eating out)[11] which is slightly less than multiplying Rhinehart's base Soylent cost by four.

Upon the shipping of Soylent 1.0 in May 2014, Soylent has differing pricing options for 1, 2 or 4 weeks of Soylent delivered either monthly or just one-time.[12]

Has anyone tried it? I'm thinking about getting a 2 week supply and seeing how it works out. I wouldn't use it to replace food completely, of course. But, like, it looks pretty cheap!

i dont really care about food either

like obv i eat but im never like man this is fun, eating. im glad im doing this.

i think i could lose my sense of taste and be quite ok with that

There is a lot to like about this. Say you are in a rush and broke? Soylent is certainly a better option than McDonald's.

How well does it keep? Might be a good thing to have on hand in case of an emergency.

Never know when an asteroid will strike or a solar flare will radically change the way we live.

I do really like eating. But sometimes it is more trouble than it is worth.