Mogi67

Soylent: Meal of the future

this actually doesn't sound too bad

what's the calorie load per portion?

One suggested day's worth is 2010 calories, and you can drink as much of it or as little of it as you like. Divided into thirds for breakfast, lunch and dinner it's 670 calories/portion.

It comes with a 2L pitcher with a screw-on lid for mixing it all up.  What I do is dump the day's powder into there, then add a handful of ice and some water and shake it up a bit, then add the oil bottle and top it the rest of the way up with water, then give it a good shake until it looks evenly mixed.  For breakfast I just poured some into a pint glass and chugged it.  I filled a screw-top reusable water bottle with a portion for lunch, which I just finished the last of a moment ago.  And there's some left in the pitcher for dinner when I get home.

Mostly I've just been gassy.  The little pamphlet thing it comes with explains that if you're concerned with having toxic farts you should either ease slowly into a >60% soylent diet, or you should take beano.   :lol:  I threw caution to the wind (get it) and just started chugging this shit full-time.

shakes likes this

Mostly I've just been gassy.  The little pamphlet thing it comes with explains that if you're concerned with having toxic farts you should either ease slowly into a >60% soylent diet, or you should take beano.   :lol:  I threw caution to the wind (get it) and just started chugging this shit full-time.

please tell me they actually use this terminology

shakes likes this

:lol: They call it "the flatulence issue"

They also say that some people might experience headaches from low sodium so they recommend if that happens to you you throw a quarter teaspoon of table salt in the pitcher in the morning.

As soon as I get my student loan money I'm buying this.

Is this stuff pretty easy to prepare? Like, would it be pretty simple to do in the woods on a backpacking trip? Thinking about doing a soylent powered bicycle trip across the country or something. 

I'm more into this for the possibilities in adventuring.

It's very easy to prepare, you literally dump the shit in a pitcher and add a bunch of water and then shake it for a while.

For some reason I thought the daily bags would be smaller than they are. You know those croutons that come in plastic bags with resealable tops?  Each day's bag is about that size, and the little vial of oil you mix in is about the size of a hotel shampoo.