Eliminator

Wilco (The Thread)

i feel like the trying too hard to do an ARTY ROCK SONG thing applies more to bull black nova than art of almost, even if i like both

also i think that if whole love was released before w(ta) people would view it differently

like sky blue sky seemed to have been taken as a dad rock detour album and then when w(ta) came out, people were like "oh, this is what wilco is now" and didn't give whole love its due b/c of it, but it's a very good album

agreed on all points.

i feel like the trying too hard to do an ARTY ROCK SONG thing applies more to bull black nova than art of almost, even if i like both

also i think that if whole love was released before w(ta) people would view it differently

like sky blue sky seemed to have been taken as a dad rock detour album and then when w(ta) came out, people were like "oh, this is what wilco is now" and didn't give whole love its due b/c of it, but it's a very good album

I wonder what some people on Atease/Annex are talking about when they act all like TWL got a negative reception, it was in fact their best reviewed album since YHF.

open mind doesn't do much for me, it's produced well but meh. rising red lung is brilliant

I hated you never know at first but now I stand with shakes - it's an alright song definitely not without it's appeal despite its corniness. they did steal the whole "box chord-slide solo riff" from Harrison though

C'mon kids you're acting like children. Seriously.

And the riff is stolen from George Harrison.

its pretty obviously an intentional nod though

People like James Murphy based a whole career on this but that doesn't really make it any better.

People like James Murphy based a whole career on this but that doesn't really make it any better.

cool relevant post!

cool relevant post!

What else can I say when you're acting like plagiarizing stuff is a good thing?

im not, nor is that even the issue here :lol:

i couldnt care less about james murphy one way or the other but a onetime intentional musical nod to an artist jjeff clearly likes doesnt bother me at all

c.i. likes this

literally everyone is in agreement on that though

even wta fans acknowledge that its treading all sorts of water

call me a stan but ill take wilco by numbers :shrug:

Why would you when they have 6 excellent albums with better material across the board though.

because sometimes its fun to not hear the same songs over and over :stubborn:

wta is by no means great but its not horrendously bad either. every time i listen to it i enjoy it then forget about it for a few months :shrug: