Sign in to follow this  
( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Android bread

Goat my Galaxy S5 a few weeks back and it's wonderful :wub:

I think I just think that because of how much faster it is than my old S3 (was my S3 ever fast or did it just seem like it? :unsure: )

I switched from GO Launcher to Nova Launcher as well because my old phone ended up so slow using GO....again not sure if Nova is actually better or if it's just the phone but who knows or cares.

Post yer home screens!

F1RyHDs.png0TlBT1i.png

Nexus 5. It's mostly a great phone, but I do have some minor quibbles with it (the vibration is so weak I think it might be broken, and lately I've needed to restart it every time I need LTE service). It's still the best phone I've ever had by a long shot. I'm not sure what I'm going to do next, since it looks like the Nexus program is changing significantly, and they're what I usually lust after. The new HTC Butterfly looks promising, and LG's done some interesting stuff lately. Anyway, I still have a year before my upgrade's due.

OFxnH7H.png

ST6A2Vm.png

46d5Vca.png

Nexus 5. I could never go back on a contract again.

Yeah. Everything can be accomplished by net these days and even though the caps for data suck here if I need more I can use the prepaid app for my service provider to buy another gig for 5 bucks.

Yeah, not TOO much bigger thankfully, I don't like that "phablet" shit that's the mark of nearly every manufacturer's flagship phones nowadays.  Think this time around I'll actually use moto maker and come up with something cool, last time I didn't want to wait for all of that to come to Verizon so I just bought the white one.

With Apple releasing a great big phone, I feel like I just lost my only grounds in which I could mock Android users.

It's all over now, Baby Blue.

Android phones vary in size. A number of them are smaller than standard iPhone models. So really you didn't have any grounds in the first place. :|

:lol:

Nothing it more stupid than the Apple vs. Everything else debate. I really don't give a shit. I really just like playing the part of a smug Apple loyalist to piss off Ethan and Moose.

Of course I realize that some Androids are small and some are big. But I do think people look ridiculous talking on huge phones, like certain Sumsung models in particular.

Now Apple phone users will get the same chance to look silly.

Yeah, but it runs off of a java virtual machine :sick: it uses just-in-time compiling to work on different chipsets.

Android L is going to change that for the better, thankfully, and Android phones will see a big improvement in performance and battery life. They're replacing Dalvik with a new system that will compile apps for your hardware on install, which is a lot more efficient.

Ubuntu is gonna be a truly converged OS though, the same code running on whatever hardware configuration, with different interfaces for different screen sizes. If it had access to Android apps it would be miles better, but it probably won't, thanks to the Dalvik java thing. I'm an optimist, but in this case I honestly only see Ubuntu gaining traction in the smartphone space in developing economies where Ubuntu computers have significant market share already.

Yeah, but it runs off of a java virtual machine :sick: it uses just-in-time compiling to work on different chipsets.

Android L is going to change that for the better, thankfully, and Android phones will see a big improvement in performance and battery life. They're replacing Dalvik with a new system that will compile apps for your hardware on install, which is a lot more efficient.

Ubuntu is gonna be a truly converged OS though, the same code running on whatever hardware configuration, with different interfaces for different screen sizes. If it had access to Android apps it would be miles better, but it probably won't, thanks to the Dalvik java thing. I'm an optimist, but in this case I honestly only see Ubuntu gaining traction in the smartphone space in developing economies where Ubuntu computers have significant market share already.

Wait til your friends see you with a poor-person phone.

love my LG G2 (previously had the S3 and the HTC Evo Design)

it's quick, the camera is pretty great, the screen is beautiful and the rear volume/power buttons are more convenient once you're used to it

literally the only thing i don't like is the lack of sd card capability. i didn't even realize it didn't have an sd card slot when i bought it. that was one of my biggest criticisms of the iphone so i've got some egg on my face. the new G3 does have an sd card slot so maybe i'll upgrade to that one eventually. 

i sent my coworker a zippyshare link to an album and he downloaded it and extracted the file on his iphone

we then tried to get it into the "itunes" section of his phone

apparently it can't be done?

he could open each individual mp3 file with some kind of music player app but could not use his phone to do anything else while the song was playing and it would not play all of the songs continuously, it would just stop after the track played

that was the day i realized i could never own an iphone

Yeah, not TOO much bigger thankfully, I don't like that "phablet" shit that's the mark of nearly every manufacturer's flagship phones nowadays.  Think this time around I'll actually use moto maker and come up with something cool, last time I didn't want to wait for all of that to come to Verizon so I just bought the white one.

cufaroiepvuuvvg08mjn.jpg

pretty substantial tho