Sign in to follow this  
( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Android bread

Anyone else get Lollipop yet? Downloaded it this morning and my phone got really hot over the next couple hours and massively drained the battery.

It's happened once or twice before though so hopefully it's alright.

I'm not rooted, shockingly, cuz I'm running a phone that essentially runs stock android anyway.  Should be getting the update in the next couple of weeks, hopefully. I got kitkat like two days after it was released, but that was when my phone was current-gen.

Yeah, I used to root in order to do wifi tethering and that sort of thing but they're all built in to the stock system with no extra charge through the carrier, so there's no point anymore.  The last phone I rooted was my shitty old HTC Thunderbolt, so that I could run cyanogenmod...I very much prefer stock android to any of the shit carriers tack on, can't stand the sense interface or the samsung "alternatives"

I downloaded and installed the Lollipop OTA package for my Nexus 5.  It's pretty nice.  Things seem more intuitive and more uniform across the stock apps, though there are few really groundbreaking changes.  There are plenty of small differences in places like settings menus that can take a little getting used to.  My battery life seems exactly the same as on 4.4.

I downloaded and installed the Lollipop OTA package for my Nexus 5. It's pretty nice. Things seem more intuitive and more uniform across the stock apps, though there are few really groundbreaking changes. There are plenty of small differences in places like settings menus that can take a little getting used to. My battery life seems exactly the same as on 4.4.

Check that, my battery life seems worse.

Yeah, I don't think I like that either (Chrome tabs mixed in with app tabs).  I get what they're going for, but it's a lot easier on my brain to have Chrome tabs separate from that clusterfuck of an app list that I never use.

Yeah, does anyone really use that button?

I guess my battery life is about the same as before, but I kept hearing about the Project Volta battery life improvements that we should all be expecting.  I'm not seeing it.

I click on their icons on my home screen and they open back up right how I left them. Hitting the icons for my most-used apps is muscle memory at this point so it's easier than looking through a stack of opened windows to find the one I want.

I click on their icons on my home screen and they open back up right how I left them. Hitting the icons for my most-used apps is muscle memory at this point so it's easier than looking through a stack of opened windows to find the one I want.