Sign in to follow this  
( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Android bread

27 minutes ago, cool tapes said:

just got a new phone and downloaded signal, now what

You use it to send messages to people, iirc. And if you and the person you're chatting with are both using it, your messages are encrypted and secure.

Bought the pixel after dropping the phone I was going to replace in a few months anyway and shattering its screen. It...is beautiful :tear:  Worth the premium to get the one without the VZW shit on it, too, imo.

ocean likes this

Seems like the place to ask

Im due up for an upgrade in April, should I go to the S8 or is there something probably better on the horizon? I've had the galaxy s4 and s6 and theyve been reliable but im not a huge fan of the truly preposterous amount of bloatware on them

Yeah I'm not a fan of Samsung, and I've always preferred a pure-Android UX, so the pixel is basically my dream phone. The thing about phones though is that there's always something better on the horizon. I usually plan to have a phone for two years. If I really like it I'll keep it longer than that.

mogi likes this

3 hours ago, Bill said:

Seems like the place to ask

Im due up for an upgrade in April, should I go to the S8 or is there something probably better on the horizon? I've had the galaxy s4 and s6 and theyve been reliable but im not a huge fan of the truly preposterous amount of bloatware on them

LG G5

great build, beautiful display, not a lot of bloatware on it, and the best part - a removable battery. I've got 2 extra ones and just swap them out whenever my phone is low instead of tethering it to the wall. It's really convenient.

Although by April I suppose the G6 will be out and they're moving to glass panels on the back like the Samsungs & iphone. Fuck that noise

I've heard the Moto Z is a good phone. The high end Motorolas for the past few years have been real solid, and they usually run stock android (or near to it. Except the DROID branded Verizon phones)

On 1/14/2017 at 7:13 PM, Jonathan Trott said:

I just got the Pixel too. It is....majestic. It is........the future! 

You get the regular or the XL?

I got the regular one. Absolutely loving it.

Gave the FB and FB Messenger apps another shot and ended up removing them after a couple of days, they absolutely murdered my battery life. Probably recording audio constantly in the background and that sort of thing.

4 hours ago, eeeezypeezy said:

You get the regular or the XL?

I got the regular one. Absolutely loving it.

Gave the FB and FB Messenger apps another shot and ended up removing them after a couple of days, they absolutely murdered my battery life. Probably recording audio constantly in the background and that sort of thing.

I got the regular too.

I just love the software so much. I'm finding my battery life isn't amazing, still getting a day easy but not the 2 I thought it might, but the fast charge is insane. I reckon I've had it on charge for about 3 hours max since Saturday morning.