mortimer

doodle and scribble thread

On May 21, 2016 at 8:16 PM, Dusty Shakeser said:

self portrait

image.jpg

this makes me want to start drinking again

29 minutes ago, Sam said:

He's kind of found his voice. When I first came across him he was a Jim Flora knock off

i dont know him either!

Salem and eeeezypeezy like this

:lol:

also somewhere I had a mini notebook thingie that I utterly filled with utter mental madness one time when stoned out of my god damn mind and I STILL to this day have not looked at what I wrote in it out of damn fear but man I need to find that thing!

the reason I fear looking cuz I distinctly remember some section with 3 differing categories that were confusing but made sense at the time ... 1. Sexual Fantasies... 2. REAL Sexual Fantasies ... 3. FAKE SEXUAL FANTASIES

with the fear that the fake ones were the REAL ones? oh god!

I don't wanna open THAT damn pandorum boxicle!

yeah i hardly ever open these, especially the ones i know are mostly drunk moping, and when i do i end up hating myself after a few pages so i give up and then kill myself

i cant even decipher the album lists so idk why i keep doing them!!!!!

nice

I always draw stuff on the backs of the envelopes when people order tapes from me, usually something from the cover of whatever tape they ordered but I've been practicing a pretty solid charlie brown lately

this was saved in my post box when I entered the thread

ant man bee, ocean, Peach and 1 other like this

i tried keeping real sketchbooks years ago but i always felt guilty wasting good paper on dumb shit, so i switched to tiny spiral notebooks that are $3 for 5 of them :W 

nowadays i use generic ballpoint pens more than anything :W:W 

im paying for it in carpal tunnel probably, but w/e

17 minutes ago, Dusty Shakeser said:

i tried keeping real sketchbooks years ago but i always felt guilty wasting good paper on dumb shit, so i switched to tiny spiral notebooks that are $3 for 5 of them :W 

nowadays i use generic ballpoint pens more than anything :W:W 

im paying for it in carpal tunnel probably, but w/e

it's really about using what tool you're comfortable with so nothing wrong with that

I know that feeling regarding sketchbooks. It's kind of slow-going for me with the nicer ones. I still like to draw in either pencil or a ballpoint pen on lined or gridded paper so I always keep those around. The fact that I can erase and I have some way to keep alignment is comforting. I've made sequential stuff since I was a kid, but it was in high school when I really started making them as comics and it was always on looseleaf note paper.

Ody, ocean and shakes like this